Saturday, September 14, 2013

Reasons Why I Haven't Joined SAG Yet Even Though I'm Eligble


There are many reasons why I haven't taken the step to join SAG-AFTRA yet, even though I have been eligible for about 10 months now. Oh, I'd say about 3,000 plus 1 reasons to be exact. You actors know exactly what I mean by that.

Firstly, I'm still booking a lot of great non-union jobs. Some are paid, some aren't. I have a few in the works for the next few months and I would like to focus and keep my commitment to those. If during that time, I happen to book an amazing union job and have to join, then I will. Since all of my upcoming films are with people whom I have worked with before, I'm hoping they would be willing to get SAG waivers in order for me to still be in their projects; not expecting, just hoping. Of course, that is a huge if and I will cross that bridge when I get to it. 


I'm sure you understand the main reason why I haven't joined yet is because of the money. I mean, who has $3,000 lying around? If I did not have the sizable balance that I currently have on my credit card, I would put the joining fee on there. Unfortunately, that is not an option right now. (Unless of course I end up booking something and having to join right away. Then I would do it no questions asked.)

Alas, I guess it is not yet time for me make that milestone happen in my acting career. I want it so bad I can taste it though. I'm working on devising a savings plan for the money. Wish me luck. Well, good thing I am pretty happy where I am anyways!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment